The Beliefs of Sheikh-ul-Najd
(1) All Muslims for the last six hundred years were Kafirs.
(2) He wrote his first book "Kitab-ul-Tawheed" in which he labelled all Ayats about Idol Worshippers, Munafeqeens and Mushreqeens on the Ahle Sunnah and stereotyped them as Kafir and Mushriks to get them killed. (This was foretold in a Tradition in Bukhari)
(3) Like the Prophets he claimed that anybody who did not believe in him was Kafir and be executed.
(4) Anybody who accepted his religion was told to renew his shahadah and Hajj, if he had already done Hajj because he was previously Mushrik and Kafir.
He was made to confess that his parents, all Muslims and prominent Ulama in the last 600 years were Kafirs.
Anyone who refused this declaration was declared as Mushrik and would be slain even though he was a Mutaqi and all his possessions were forfeited. While on the other hand, anyone who accepted his command would be declared as Momin even though he was a Fasiq or Fajir.
(5) He used to call the Holy Prophet as Tarish (postman). (Allah forbid)
(6) He used to claim that there were so many lies in Sulah Hudaybia.
(7) His stick could kill a snake and was better than The Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) who was dead and was of no use to them (Allah forbid).
Note: Because of his beliefs 4, 5 and 6 above Ulama gave the Fatwa of Kufr on Sheikh-ul- Najd.
(8) He disliked and felt troubled if anyone recitedDarud Sharif.
(9) He used to severely punish those who recited Darud Sharif on Friday evenings and from Minarets after Adhan.
He even got one blind Muezzin tortured and killed because of this.
He used to say that reciting Darud Sharif from the minarets of mosques is more sinful than the sound of singing with music from the house of a prostitute.
(10) He burnt all the books of Darud Sharif and Dalael-ul-Khairrat and claimed that their reading was Bidah.
(11) He got all books of Fiqah, Tafseer and Traditions burnt and used to do interpretation of Quran according to his choice and advised his deputies to do the same.
(12) He claimed that he was Hanbali but that was a lie, camouflage and disguise to cheat people. His brother Sheikh Suleman was a Hanbali scholar who wrote a book criticising and condemning the Sheikh-ul-Najd and his beliefs.
(13) He used to stop Muslims from visiting the grave of The Holy Prophet and he used to torture and get the beard shaved of the person whom he came to know had visited.
(14) He denied the Wasili (means) of The Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).
*He used to quote the case of Hadhrat Umar(Raddi Allahu Unho), taking Hadhrat Abbas and other Companions (Raddi Allahu Anhum) to an open field for Salat-Istasqa (the prayer for rain) through the Wasila of Hadhrat Abbas (Raddi Allahu Unho), being the uncle of the Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), as a pretext that Wasila of The holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was not called for because the Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) had passed away. (*see below)
But he became speechless when refereed to the Tradition narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah bin Abbas (Raddi Allahu Anhum), according to which the Jews used to pray through the Wasila of The Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and their prayers were answered even before the holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was born (1). (also see here)
This fact is also mentioned in The Holy Quran (2).
There is also a tradition that in a time of a severe draught when the Companions (Raddi Allahu Anhum) came to Hadhrat Aisha (Raddi Allahu Unha) asking her to pray for rain, she advised to make a hole in the roof of the tomb of the holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and beg Allah for rain which they did and got plenty of rain (6a).
Moreover, the Salat-Istasqa is only prayed in an open field and not in any mosque, neither in Masjad-e-Nabvi nor in Haram-e-Kaaba.
(15) He believed in the material sort of body of Allah, which occupied space (3).
(2) Holy Quran, Ayat 89, Sura Baqra. (The text is also on the back cover page).
(3) The Doctrine of Ahle-Sunnah verses the Salafi Movement by Jamal Afandi-ul-Iraqi-
al Sidqi al Zahawi.
Atrocities of the Sheikh-ul-Najd and Wahhabis against Muslim Ummah during their three periods of domination in the Arabian Peninsula:
The Wahhabis demolished the tombs and graves of the Companions (Raddi Allahu Anhum), Tabayen (those who had the honour of meeting the Prophet's Companions) and Awliyas ( the holy saints) all around Arabia, wherever they could lay their hands on including Janat-ul-Baqi. He got toilets built on many graves of the Awliyas. They shed the blood of the Muslims, who loved the Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), from Taif to Karbala and from Mecca to Madina.
The first period (1745 to 1818). During this period:
(1) The Sheikh-ul-Najd and his followers got the graves of the Companions (Raddi Allahu Anhum) grounded in Jabilia.
(2) The first tomb grounded by the Sheikh-ul-Najd himself was of Hadhrat Zaid bin Khatab(Raddi Allahu Unho),, the brother of Caliph Hadhrat Ummar (Raddi Allahu Unho).
The Sheikh-ul-Najd entered into an alliance with Ibn-e-Saud, according to which, the Sheikh-ul-Najd would be the Imam while Ibn-e-Saud would be the head of the new state and both would share the bounties of wealth, the women as concubines and children as slaves gathered from killings of the Ahle Sunnah. After that alliance, Wahhabis started attacking Ahle Sunnah towns vigorously.
(3) The first attack, after this alliance was on Riyadh. The town was captured after many years of siege killing hundreds of Ahle Sunnah Muslims.
(4) The second attack was on Alhasa, in which hundreds of Muslims were also killed.
(5) In 1801, Wahhabis attacked Karbala and Baladal Hussain. Over 2000 Muslims were massacred filling the bazaars and streets with the blood and corpses of innocent Muslims. They demolished all tombs and graves near Jamia Zubair and around the city including tombs of Hadhrat Talha, Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain (Raddi Allahu Anhum). Wahhabis looted all diamonds and precious stones decorating the tombs and took them to Najd.
(6) The Destruction of Taif and Massacre of Muslims
After taking over Taif , Wahhabis killed the Muslims, young, old , women and children and filled the streets and bazaars of Taif with blood and dead bodies of innocent Muslims. The Wahhabis took all their possessions, gold, silver and precious things and distributed amongst them and sent one fifth to Ibn-e-Saud.
(7) Attack on Mecca Mukarama
In 1803, Saud attacked Mecca Mukarama. Saud took over Mecca Mukarama without fight but massacred Muslims in the Haram Sharif, even against the command of Allah according to which no blood be ever shed inside the Haram, the Sanctuary of peace.
He burnt all the four praying mats of four Ahle Sunnah Imams, demolished all places of homage, graves and tombs, urinated and defecated on many of them. He also destroyed the tombs on the birth place of The Holy Prophet, (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) Abu Bakar Siddique, Ali bin Abu Tallib and Khadija Kubra (Raddi Allahu Anhum). He even burnt the cloth covering the Kabaa.
(8) Capture of Madina Munawara
Saud repeated the same massacre and bloodshed of Ahle-sunnah Muslims, destroyed all graves and tombs and Muslim heritage all around the Madina Munawara.
Saud tore the cloth covering the grave of The Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), destroyed the Hujra Sharif and the ceiling of the Tomb of The Holy Prophet (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) to steal the precious stones and metals and took 60 camels loaded with treasures with him.
Some Wahhabis even climbed on the Tomb of The Holy Prophet to demolish it but they fell with their faces down and died. A big ball of fire and a serpent appeared and attacked the Wahhabis scaring them to take to their heels.
(9) In 1806, Wahhabis seiged the town of Najaf-e-Ashraf but could not take it. In retreat, they destroyed and made a havoc in the outskirts of Baghdad.
(10) In 1810, Wahhabis advanced as far as Horan which is two days horse journey from Damascus killing innocent Muslims and looting many towns and villages. When huge waves of cries erupted in the Arabian Peninsula and the Muslim world against the Wahhabis barbaric atrocities, Ali Pasha and his sons, commanded by the Ottomans, crushed the Wahhabis regime in 1818.
NOTES ON THE BEDOUINS AND WAHABYS
[BY JOHN LEWIS BURCKHARDT,"NOTES ON THE BEDOUINS AND WAHABYS"COLLECTED DURING HIS TRAVELS IN THE EAST,PUBLISHED IN 1831CE]
Fasl al-Khitab min Kitab Allah wa-Hadith al-Rasul (Sallallahu `alayhi wa-Sallam) wa-Kalam Uli al-Albab fi Madhhab Ibni `Abd al-Wahhab
("The Final Word from the Qur'an, the Hadith, and the Sayings of the Scholars Concerning the School of Ibn `Abd al-Wahhab"),
also known as al-Sawa`iq al-Ilahiyya fi Madhhab al-Wahhabiyya
("The Divine ThunderboltsConcerning the Wahhabi School").
كان إذا قحطوا استسقى بالعباس بن عبد المطلب فقال اللهم إنا كنانتوسلإليك بنبينا]فتسقينا وإنانتوسلإليك بعم نبينا فاسقنا قال فيسقون
And correct translation is this:
اللهم إنه لم ينزل بلاء إلا بذنب , ولم يكشف إلا بتوبة , وقد توجه القوم بي إليك لمكاني من نبيك
O Allah, calamity (and trouble) comes as a result of sin and only penitence lifts this calamity, and the people, because of my relation with Your Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), have offered me to You as a means of seeking Your help, and these hands of ours, besmeared in sins, are before You and our foreheads are bowed down with penitence. So give us rain
►Ibn Hajar ‘Asqalānī narrated it in Fath-ul-bārī (2:497)
► Subkī, Shifā’-us-siqām fī ziyārat khayr-il-anām (p.128)
►Qastallānī, al-Mawāhib-ul-laduniyyah (4:277)
►Zurqānī in his Commentary (11:152)
Why Al Abbas (RA) was asked to do Dua?
Rasul Ullah(salallaho alaihi wasalam) used to take Al-Abbas(RA)like a son takes his father. O People You should also follow the Prophet (s) incase of Al-Abbas(RA) and make him an Intercessor to Allah.
[Fath al Bari 2:497]
Ibn Hajar `Asqalani writes more about this Tawasul of Ibn e Abbas (ra)
"The episode involving `Abbâs makes it clear that to seek intercession from the virtuous, the pious and members of the Prophet's family is a desirable act.In addition, this event proves the high status of `Abbâs as well as reveals `Umar's respect for him and the acknowledgement of his status."
►Ibn Hajar `Asqalânî, Fath-ul-bârî, 2:497;
►Zurqânî, Sharh-ul-Mawâhib, 11:152
Imam Suyuti (rah)
"In the year 17 `Umar enlarged the Prophetic mosque. That year there was a drought in the Hijaz. It was named the Year of Cinders (`am al-ramada). `Umar prayed for rain for the people by means of al-`Abbas. Ibn Sa`d narrated from [the Sahabi] Niyar al-Aslami that when`Umar came came out to pray for rain, he came out wearing the cloaks (burd) of the Messenger of Allah, upon him blessings and peace.
Al-Suyuti mentions the context of this event in his Tarikh al-Khulafa' (Beirut, 1992 Ahmad Fares ed. p. 140)]
Intercession through this cloak , Even Hadrat Umar (RA) was wearing Prophet's (salehalawaalihi wasalam) cloak at the time, , Now what is importance of the cloak?
"...Here is the cloak of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and she brought out to me that cloak made of Persian cloth with a hem of brocade, and its sleeves bordered with brocade and said: This wall Allah's Messenger's cloak with 'A'isha until she died, and when she died. I got possession of it. The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to wear that, and we washed it for the sick and sought cure thereby. Sahih Muslim Book 024, Number 5149
"LORD OF SHIRK"